High Flyer - 4311 Tenth St
Nestled under the canopy of a beautiful live oak tree sits High Flyer Cottage in the unique neighborhood of East Beach. Recently renovated and new to the rental market, this 5 bedroom, 4.5 bath single level retreat features large screened porches and extensive decking surrounding the pool. It is thoughtfully equipped with guests in mind to ensure your visit is enjoyable and memorable.
The front of the house features a large screened-in porch, complete with ceiling fans, rocking chairs and a shuffleboard court, if you’re so inclined. The front door opens into a spacious family room featuring a vaulted ceiling, shiplap walls, and a 65” smart TV.
The hallway to the kitchen has a visitor’s half bath.
The gourmet kitchen with European cabinets and appliances is well equipped, including a Keurig single cup coffee/tea maker, 12 cup drip coffee maker and electric tea kettle to get your day started. It overlooks the signature live oak tree, expansive pool area, and features a pass through window to the grilling porch. The counter bar with 4 stools provides a nice spot to keep the cook company.
The dining area features a large farm table and spacious seating for 10, with another 65” smart TV. A cozy seating nook integrates the spacious screened-in porch through large windows and expands indoor/outdoor entertaining opportunities. The porch features another large dining table with room for 8, as well as an additional four-person seating ensemble and overlooks the expansive fenced-in pool area.
The house features 5 bedrooms, each having a new smart TV featuring premium Xfinity for live TV and access to your favorite streaming apps:
- The Master Suite has a king bed and large en-suite, complete with freestanding soaking tub and large shower. The master suite has a 55” smart TV. The master suite also has direct access to the Studio, with screen porch and pool area beyond.
- The Secondary Master suite also features a king bed, en-suite bathroom with a large shower, and a 43” smart TV.
- Our Queen Suite features a queen bed with en-suite bath and direct access to the front porch. This suite also has a 43” smart TV. This suite also has direct access to the front porch sitting area.
- The Bunk Room features two sets of twin XL bunks –sleeping 4 people total. Twin XL beds are full length – same length as a king bed. The bunk room has a 43” smart TV. The bunk room shares a bathroom with tub/shower combo. The bunk room has access to the front porch sitting area.
- The Guest Room has a twin bed and a twin trundle, sleeping 2 total. This bedroom also has a 43” smart TV. The guest room shares the bathroom with tub/shower combo. The guest room has direct access to the Studio, with screen porch and pool area beyond.
The Studio is our favorite room in the house. The studio is a special spot reserved for reading, exercise, painting or napping. By design there’s no TV in the Studio, it is a great spot to be “screen free” but indoors with cold AC.
Stepping outside, through the rear screen porch, the 12 X 24 saltwater pool. The pool has a sunscreen and can be heated or cooled for an additional cost of $50 per day. The pool is surrounded by plentiful seating including lounges. Also overlooking the pool is the guest garage featuring a rear overhead door that can be opened to support outdoor functions. A bicycle/beach gear storage shed is accessed by the rear gate from the driveway or from the pool deck. A beach shower located inside the rear gate allows sand and salt water removal from bathers and beach gear for your convenience. Beach towels are provided; beach chairs and toys are available for your enjoyment as well.
There is generous parking, including paved area for 3 vehicles at the front of the house, and single car guest garage for 4 total.
There are wonderful walking and biking opportunities in the East Beach neighborhood including marvelous views of the marsh, which may be easily viewed from the sidewalk and benches. A 5-minute stroll from High Flyer Cottage down 10th Street will bring you to the 10th Street beach access point - a natural path that leads to the beach through the sand dunes. At the end of Bruce Street, Gould’s Inlet features a walk-over to the beach. Access to the expansive beach is also reached at the nearby Old Coast Guard Station public access point with lifeguards, parking, sand volleyball courts, snack bar, sailboat rentals and rest rooms.
A short drive or bike ride will take you to dining options such as Crabdaddy’s, The Crab Trap, Fiddler’s and Beachcomber BBQ. There are excellent restaurants and coffee shops around the island to satisfy any taste, and you are sure to find new favorites.
The quaint and lively village area has unique shops, restaurants, and the covered pier where you can fish, crab or watch the shrimp boats and large ships go in and out with the tide. The functioning lighthouse adds to this unique island’s feel; and if you are up to it, you can climb the 129 steps to the observation platform for an unforgettable view.
We supply linens and towels and you will find an initial supply of soap, shampoo, conditioner, laundry soap, dish detergent, toilet paper and paper towels. Relax, enjoy and make memories at High Flyer Cottage!
* Clean – we’ve been following CDC cleaning & disinfection protocols since March
* Flexible – For 2021, you may cancel if Georgia or your home state orders shelter-in-place
* Fun! – 2021 is a great time to get together for a beach vacation. Come enjoy the warm sun and fresh air beaches of the golden isles!
Unfortunately, we are unable to confirm reservations that create 1-2 night gaps.