Keep informed of various county and state initiatives that impact St Simons and the Vacation Rental market.
County/State COVID-19 Responses:
- March 13-16: Glynn County cancelled certain large events and public school on March 13-16. Many school systems across the US took similar action.
- March 20: Glynn County took the action to close the beaches of St Simons effective until April 13.
- March 31: On March 31, the county took the further step to require cancellation of all vacation rentals, hotel, and B&B stays effective through April 30, with cancellations still being carried out by many property owners as of the time of writing this report.
- April 3: Governor Kemp issued an executive order, which became effective at 6 pm on April 3, 2020. This order suspended the counties and cities powers to enforce any local ordinance or order adopted since March 1, 2020 with the stated purpose or effect of responding to a public health state of emergency, ordering residents to shelter-in-place, ordering a quarantine or combatting the spread of coronavirus or COVID-19 that in any way conflicts, varies or differs from the terms of this Order.
- April 3: Governor Kemp ordered Georgia beaches re-opened on a limited basis, for exercise purposes. No beach chairs, tents, etc. are allowed.
Keep informed as the situation continues to evolve.
County Vacation Rental Ordinance Efforts
Please watch the Glynn County Commission Meeting held on January 3, 2019. For more information and updates as they come available, sign up to our OrdinanceWatch newsletter below.