Looking for the perfect soundtrack to your coastal Georgia getaway? Indoors and outdoors, you can find live local, regional, and national performances all year long. From beach and riverside festivals to recurring local events at popular eateries and bars – you can always find a tune to groove to or a melody to escape with here on St Simons Island, especially if you’re into the nightlife, or scouting out a great happy hour event. If you’re making the 15-30 minute drive to spend some time with our neighbors in Jekyll Island or Brunswick, there’s plenty to enjoy there as well. If the mood strikes, you can even participate in the entertainment yourself with local trivia nights, open mic nights, and karaoke fun throughout the Golden Isles!
Summer Music Series
When Summer is in the air, you can bet that the sounds of the summer music series will be as well. Each summer, visitors and residents alike enjoy open air concerts on waterfront parks and lawns throughout the Golden Isles, and Saint Simons Island.
Rhythm On The River
Rhythm on the River is a FREE live music series held on the first Sunday of the month, from April to October, in downtown Brunswick. Hosted at Mary Ross Waterfront Park on Bay and Gloucester Streets, this event is great for the whole family. Bring your own chairs, blankets, snacks, and beverages. While at the park, take some time to view the scale model of a Liberty Ship, or watch the horizon for the comings and goings of the real deal along the waterfront docks! All concerts start at 6PM.
Sounds By The Sea
For more than a quarter-century, Golden Isles Arts and Humanities has presented great performances by top local and regional acts every summer at Neptune Park. Recently unveiling a name change from Jazz in the Park to a more diverse moniker – the Sounds by the Sea concert series carries on a longstanding SSI tradition. Running from Memorial Day Weekend into August, the concerts take place at the edge of the ocean to create the perfect coastal setting for a beautiful evening. Concerts take place from 7-9PM, and guests are encouraged to bring a picnic or snacks and a lawn chair or blanket to relax on. Admission is only $10 for adults. Children ages 6 to 12 are $5, and children younger than 6 years old get in free.
A Little Light Music
A Little Light Music is a community favorite event presented by the Coastal Georgia Historical Society, designed to raise money to operate and maintain the St. Simons Lighthouse Museum and the Historic Coast Guard Station at East Beach. Held on the oceanfront lawn of the St. Simons Island Lighthouse, performances run from 7-9PM on select Sunday evenings from June to September. Concert-goers are encouraged to bring picnics, lawn chairs, and blankets. Tickets are $15 for adults; children under 12 and Keepers of the Light are admitted free of charge.
Finding Weekly Live Music And Ongoing Events
St Simons Island
- Bennie’s Red Barn – 5514 Frederica Road
- Brogen’s South at Pier Village – 200 Pier Alley
- Bubba Garcia’s – 200 Redfern Village
- Catch 228 – 228 Redfern Village
- Coastal Kitchen – 102 Marina Drive
- Demere Grill – 2463 Demere Road
- Echo at The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort – 101 Downing Street
- Ember – 70 Retreat Village
- Georgia Sea Grill – 407 Mallery Street
- Gnat’s Landing – 310 Redfern Village
- Golden Isles Olive Oil Wine Bar – 306 Redfern Village
- Mellow Mushroom – 440 Kings Way
- Mullet Bay – 512 Ocean Blvd.
- Murphy’s Tavern – 415 Mallery Street
- Palm Coast Coffee – 318 Mallery Street
- Porch – 549 Ocean Blvd.
- Village Inn and Pub – 500 Mallery Street
- Ziggy’s – 210 Retreat Village
- Eighty Ocean, Jekyll Ocean Club – 80 Ocean Way
- JI Beach House Restaurant & Tap Room – 715 Beachview Drive, N.
- Jekyll Island Club Grand Dining Room – 371 Riverview Drive
- Tortuga Jack’s – 201 Beachview Drive, N
- Wee Pub Beach, 20 Main Street
- The Wharf – Riverview Drive
- Bardelous – 1412 Newcastle Street
- The Boom Boom Room – 1423 Newcastle Street
- Emerald Princess II Casino – 1 Gisco Point
- Moondoggy’s Pizza & Pub – 36 Canal Road Plaza
- Mulligans – 5250 New Jesup Hwy
- Side Pokkets – Glynn Place Mall, 360 Mall Blvd.
- Reid’s Apothecary -1618 Newcastle Street
- Tipsy McSway’s – 1414 Newcastle Street
- Toucans Ale House – 2450 Perry Lane Road
- Zachry’s Seafood Restaurant – 415 Palisade Drive