St. Simons Island is about 75 miles north of Jacksonville, Florida and about 80 miles south of Savannah, in Georgia’s Glynn County. It marks the approximate midway point between the two prominent cities, making this barrier island community an ideal destination for a quick getaway from either location and beyond. Whether you’re visiting the Golden Isles for a weekend or enjoying an extended stay, Pier Village is sure to earn a top spot on your St. Simons Island itinerary.
The St. Simons Island Pier Village district is situated on the southern end of the Island, at the intersection of Mallery Street and Beachview Drive, where it serves as the happening epicenter of the Golden Isles community. St. Simons’ Pier Village is a popular spot for shopping, dining, socializing, and fun, all with some of the area’s most treasured landmarks and spectacular sights in view.
Head to the end of Mallery Street on the southern end of the village to find the promenade and pathway to the St. Simons Island Pier. The pier overlooks the St. Simons Sound and Jekyll Island to the south, as well as the St. Simons Lighthouse and Museum and Neptune Park. The Pier Village district is very stroll-able, and it may be the best place to truly capture the pulse of the Golden Isles community while exploring the boutiques, eateries, sweet shops, and attractions that line the charming tree-lined streets. From ice cream and beachwear to one-of-a-kind coastal treasures and artwork, you’ll find something for everyone here, along with a host of community events that promote our original island lifestyle.
Pier Village offers free parking on-site with accessible public restrooms adjacent to the parking lot. The district is a family-friendly destination, open year-round. Let’s explore all there is to see and do during your next visit to St. Simons Island’s Pier Village!
- St. Simons Island Lighthouse – 610 Beachview Dr, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
The St. Simons Lighthouse is one of only five surviving light towers in the state of Georgia, actively operating to guide ships through the St. Simons Sound. Visitors are welcome to climb the 129 steps to the top for panoramic views of the coast including Jekyll Island, Brunswick on the mainland, and the southern end of St. Simons Island. The two-story Keeper’s Dwelling houses the Lighthouse Museum, with interactive exhibits and rare artifacts.
- Neptune Park – 550 Beachview Dr, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Public oceanfront park with walking paths, picnic tables with grills, two playgrounds, a miniature golf course, water park and splash pad, a fishing pier, plenty of benches for seaside relaxation,and a bandstand where some of the area’s most popular community events take place throughout the year, including the 4th of July Celebration.
- Barbara Jean’s – 214 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Homey diner featuring Southern favorites and seafood dishes. Best known for their legendary crab cakes.
- Brogen’s – 200 Pier Alley, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Laid-back bar and grill with burgers and classic pub grub. Enjoy ocean views and open-air dining on two levels.
- CJ’s Italian Restaurant – 405 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Family-friendly Italian restaurant serving pizza and pasta in a fun, offbeat atmosphere..
- Georgia Sea Grill – 407 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Casually refined restaurant specializing in local seafood, and seasonal American dishes.
- Iguana’s – 303 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Buoys and shark jaws hang inside this canteen specializing in fried shrimp. Patio with outdoor seating available.
- Mallery Street Cafe – 408 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Cheery, family-run breakfast and lunch restaurant with a few outdoor tables and a casual vibe.
- Mellow Mushroom – 440 Kings Way, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Funky, art-filled chain pizzeria featuring craft beer, calzones, and creative stone-baked pizzas.
- Palm Coast – 318 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Coffeehouse-cafe with a tropical vibe, full bar, free WiFi, and tranquil outdoor seating area.
- Palmer’s Village Cafe – 223 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Unique, homestyle breakfast and lunch fare is doled out at this bustling storefront.
- Pub at Village Inn – 500 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Voted “Best Bar over 40s”. Enjoy one of the Pub’s famous Wild Orchid Martinis or one of the many fine wines, beers, or cocktails.
- Sandcastle Cafe – 117 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Easygoing eatery serving American fare and seafood for breakfast and lunch, including a morning buffet.
- St. Simons Sweets – 229 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Old-fashioned beach town sweet shop, and exclusive home of the famous Mallery Street Pecan Treat.
- ZuZu’s – 119 Mallory Cir, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
American diner serving breakfast, burgers, lemonade, and ice cream in a cozy space with colorful decor.
- Frederica Station – 209 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Beach store and souvenirs. The “funnest shop on the block”.
- Go Fish Clothing & Jewelry – 203 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Women’s clothing and accessories.
- Golden Isles Bracelet Co. – 106 Pier Village Market, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Exclusive jeweler awarded the honor of being home of the “Best Keepsake” for the Golden Isles.
- Hope’s – 319 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Trendy women’s clothing boutique.
- Island Dog – 412 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Unique pet supply shop with accessories, treats, and more.
- Meo’s Suite – 311 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Southern contemporary women’s clothing boutique.
- Moondance Vintage Clothing – 202 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Vintage clothing, home goods, and accessories.
- St. Simons Bait & Tackle – 121 Mallery St #100, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
One-stop-shop for fishing accessories.
- Tonya’s Treasures – 123 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Gift shop featuring original trinkets as well as women’s clothing and accessories.