St. Simons Island (SSI) is about 75 miles north of Jacksonville, Florida, and about 80 miles south of Savannah, in Georgia’s Glynn County. It marks the approximate midway point on the map between the two prominent cities, making this barrier island community an ideal destination for a quick getaway from either location and beyond. Whether you’re visiting the Golden Isles for a weekend or enjoying an extended stay, Pier Village is sure to earn a top spot on your St. Simons Island itinerary.
Get to Know Pier Village
The St. Simons Island Pier Village district is situated on the southern end of the Island, at the intersection of Mallery Street and Beachview Drive, where it serves as the happening epicenter of the Golden Isles community. St. Simons’ Pier Village is a popular spot for shopping, dining, socializing, and fun, all with some of the area’s most treasured landmarks and spectacular sights in view.
Head to the end of Mallery Street on the southern end of the village to find the promenade and pathway to the St. Simons Island Pier. The pier overlooks the St. Simons Sound and Jekyll Island to the south, as well as the St. Simons Lighthouse and Museum and Neptune Park. The Pier Village district is very walkable, and it may be the best place to truly capture the pulse of the Golden Isles community while exploring the boutiques, eateries, sweet shops, and attractions that line the charming tree-lined streets. From ice cream and beachwear to one-of-a-kind coastal treasures and artwork, you’ll find something for everyone here, along with a host of community events that promote our original island lifestyle.
Pier Village offers free parking on-site with accessible public restrooms adjacent to the parking lot. The district is a family-friendly destination, open year-round. Let’s explore all there is to see and do during your next visit to St. Simons Island’s Pier Village!
Top Attractions in Pier Village
St. Simons Island Lighthouse
- Website: https://www.coastalgeorgiahistory.org/visit/st-simons-lighthouse-museum/
- Address: 610 Beachview Dr, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 10 am – 5 pm Monday to Saturday / 12 pm – 5 pm Sunday
The St. Simons Lighthouse is one of only five surviving light towers in the state of Georgia, and this one is actively operating to guide ships through the St. Simons Sound. Visitors are welcome to climb the 129 steps to the top for panoramic coast views, including Jekyll Island, Brunswick on the mainland, and the southern end of St. Simons Island. The two-story Keeper’s Dwelling houses the Lighthouse Museum, with interactive exhibits and rare artifacts.
- Website: https://www.glynncounty.org/1058/Pool
- Address: 550 Beachview Dr, St. Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 11 am – 5.30 pm Monday to Friday / 11 am – 6 pm Saturday / 1 pm – 5 pm Sunday
This public oceanfront park boasts walking paths, picnic tables with grills, two playgrounds, a miniature golf course, a water park and splash pad, a fishing pier, and plenty of benches for seaside relaxation. There’s also a bandstand where some of the area’s most popular community events take place throughout the year, including the 4th of July Celebration.
- Website: http://www.southeastadventure.com/
- Address: 313 Mallery St, St Simons, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 10 am – 6 pm daily
Kayaking is a popular pursuit in coastal Georgia and you can head off on an ocean adventure from Pier Village. Southeast Adventures is a great option for equipment rentals and tours and they have a branch close to the pier.
Delicious All-day Dining Options
- Website: https://www.barbarajeans.com/
- Address: 214 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 11 am – 8.30 pm Sunday to Thursday / 11 am – 9.30 pm Friday & Saturday
This homey diner features classic Southern favorites and seafood dishes. They’re best known for their legendary crab cakes, so don’t miss out on ordering a plate.
- Website: https://brogensnorthrestaurant.com/
- Address: 200 Pier Alley, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 11 am – 10 pm Wednesday to Sunday
This laid-back bar and grill serves up burgers and classic pub grub. Enjoy ocean views and open-air dining on two levels.
CJ’s Italian Restaurant
- Website: https://www.cjsitalianrestaurant.com/
- Address: 405 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 4.30 pm– 9 pm daily
This family-friendly Italian restaurant serves pizza and pasta in a fun, quirky atmosphere. Plenty of vegetarian options are available.
Georgia Sea Grill
- Website: https://georgiaseagrill.com/
- Address: 407 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 5 pm – 9.30 pm Monday to Thursday / 5 pm – 10 pm Friday & Saturday
Casually refined restaurant specializing in seafood, and seasonal American dishes. Dishes are prepared with local ingredients for the freshest taste possible.
- Website: https://iguanasseafood.com/
- Address: 303 Mallery Street, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 11 am – 10 pm daily
Buoys and shark jaws hang inside this vibrant canteen that specializes in fried shrimp. There’s a patio with outdoor seating available which is ideal for enjoying St Simons’ comfortable climate.
- Website: https://www.mellowmushroom.com/locations/ga/saint-simons-island/440-kings-way/
- Address: 440 Kings Way, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 11 am – 9 pm Sunday to Thursday / 11 am – 10 pm Friday & Saturday
This funky, art-filled chain pizzeria features craft beer, calzones, and creative stone-baked pizzas.
- Website: https://www.palmcoastssi.com/
- Address: 318 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 8 am – 2 pm Monday to Saturday
Coffeehouse-cafe with a tropical vibe, full bar, free WiFi, and tranquil outdoor seating area. Try the fresh breads and pastries for breakfast and the delicious salads for lunch.
Palmer’s Village Cafe
- Website: https://www.palmersvillagecafessi.com/
- Address: 223 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 7.30 am – 2 pm daily
Unique, homestyle breakfast and lunch fare is doled out at this bustling spot. Palmer’s is popular with both locals and tourists — pop along and find out why!
Pub at Village Inn
- Website: https://www.villageinnandpub.com/
- Address: 500 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: Seasonal, check the website
This spot has been voted “Best Bar over 40s” so it’s one not to miss. Enjoy one of the Pub’s famous Wild Orchid Martinis or one of the many fine wines, beers, or cocktails.
St. Simons Sweets
- Website: https://www.stsimonssweets.com/
- Address: 229 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 10 am – 9 pm Sunday to Thursday / 10 am – 10 pm Friday & Saturday
This old-fashioned beach town sweet shop is the exclusive home of the famous Mallery Street Pecan Treat. They make the perfect gift for folks back home (or as a treat for yourself)!
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/zuzusicecream/
- Address: 119 Mallory Cir, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 11 am – 8 pm daily
Look no further if you’re in the mood for an American diner serving breakfast, burgers, lemonade, and ice cream in a cozy space with colorful decor.
Shop ‘til You Drop
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Fredericastation/
- Address: 209 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 9.30 am – 6 pm Monday to Thursday / 9.30 am – 10 pm Friday & Saturday
This is the “funnest shop on the block” according to many. Head here for beachwear and souvenirs.
Go Fish Clothing & Jewelry
- Website: https://www.shopgofish.com/
- Address: 203 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 10 am – 6 pm Monday to Saturday
This women’s clothing and accessories store stocks items from around the globe so you can always pick up something surprising and unique.
Golden Isles Bracelet Co.
- Website: https://www.gibcobracelets.com/
- Address: 106 Pier Village Market, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 10 am – 5.15 pm Monday & Tuesday / 10 am – 6 pm Wednesday to Saturday / 11 am – 4 pm Sunday
This exclusive jeweler was awarded the honor of being home of the “Best Keepsake” for the Golden Isles. It’s the perfect place to pick up something to remember your vacation by.
- Website: https://www.shophopes.com/
- Address: 319 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 10 am – 7 pm Monday to Thursday / 10 am – 8 pm Friday & Saturday
This leading trendy women’s clothing boutique is a favorite among stylish ladies in St. Simons.
- Website: https://islanddogssi.com/
- Address: 412 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 10 am – 5 pm Monday to Saturday
Don’t forget to spoil your furry friend! Head to this unique pet supply shop with accessories, treats, and more.
- Website: https://www.meossuite.com/
- Address: 311 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 10 am – 6 pm Monday to Saturday / 10 am – 4 pm Sunday
Meo’s is a Southern contemporary women’s clothing boutique — it’s the best place to pick up a new dress for a special vacation dinner.
St. Simons Bait & Tackle
- Website: https://www.ssibaitandtackle.com/
- Address: 121 Mallery St #100, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 7 am – 6 pm Monday to Thursday / 7 am – 11 pm Friday & Saturday
Whether you’re a novice or a pro, this is your one-stop shop for fishing accessories.
- Website: https://tonyastreasures.com/
- Address: 123 Mallery St, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
- Opening hours: 10 am – 6 pm daily
This quirky gift shop features original trinkets as well as women’s clothing and accessories.
Eat, Shop, and Have Fun in Pier Village
As you can see, there’s plenty to keep the whole family entertained in Pier Village. In fact, the only problem you might have is squeezing all the fun into a single visit! Don’t forget to book your accommodation — we have lots of comfortable and cozy vacation homes available close to the village area that’ll make the perfect base for your travel group.